Less than 200 Calorie Desserts
Chocolate Affogato with Dulce de Leche Topping
Start to Finish:5 min
2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder or granules
1/2 cup hot water
1 pint (2 cups) chocolate low-fat frozen yogurt, slightly softened
1/2 cup Dulce de Leche Cheerios® cereal
1. In cup, stir espresso powder and hot water until dissolved. Into each of 4 parfait glasses, place 1/2 cup frozen yogurt. Spoon 2 tablespoons espresso over frozen yogurt. Sprinkle each affogato with 1 tablespoon cereal; serve immediately.
1 serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 20); Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 25g); Protein 5g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 20%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Skim Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
Black Forest Parfaits
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:20 min
1/2 cup cubed ladyfingers (2 ladyfingers or 1/2 ounce)
1/2 cup frozen unsweetened pitted tart red or dark sweet cherries, thawed and drained
1 (3.75 ounce) container sugar-free chocolate ready-to-eat pudding
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ladyfinger cubes on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool.
2. Divide the ladyfinger cubes between two 6-ounce dishes. Top with cherries, pudding, and almonds. Serve immediately.
1 Serving: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
Almond Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:8 hr 20 min
1/2 cup crushed reduced-fat graham crackers (about 8 squares)
2 packages (8 oz each) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup fat-free egg product or 2 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups Original French vanilla fat-free yogurt
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) raspberries
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Garnish, if desired
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
1. Heat oven to 300°F. Wrap outside bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan with foil to prevent leaking. Spray inside bottom and side of pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over bottom of pan. To minimize cracking, place shallow pan 1/2 full of hot water on lower oven rack.
2. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add egg product and 1/2 teaspoon extract; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add yogurt and flour; beat on low speed just until blended. Carefully spread mixture over crumbs in pan.
3. Bake 1 hour or until edge of cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved. Run small metal spatula around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
4. In food processor, place all sauce ingredients. Cover; process until smooth. Press through sieve to remove seeds. Refrigerate sauce until serving time.
5. Just before serving, run small metal spatula around edge of pan; carefully remove foil and side of pan. Serve cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Garnish with almonds and fresh raspberries. Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecake and sauce.
1 Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g); Protein 4g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 2% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
Sassy Cinnamon Cookies
Prep Time:25 min
Start to Finish:45 min
makes:About 3 dozen cookies
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg or 1/4 cup fat-free egg product
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cinnamon-flavored baking chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 375°F (if using dark or nonstick pan, heat oven to 350°F). In large bowl, beat 3/4 cup sugar, the butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until creamy. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Stir in cinnamon chips and pecans.
2. In small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Shape dough by tablespoonfuls into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 1 inch apart.
3. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until set and light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
2 Cookies: Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 35mg; Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g); Protein 1g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0% Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2